Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Girdletree Volunteer Fire Company | Worcester County, Maryland

The Girdletree Volunteer Fire Company on Maryland's eastern shore has been serving their community since 1953. I love fire trucks and emergency vehicles for their colors, details, lettering and unique logos, but the story behind the building and vehicles is what I dig down for. And I wasn't disappointed this time, as mentioned on their website this particular department still has three of the original charter members.









History from the website:"Girdletree Volunteer Fire Company, Inc. is located in Worcester County Maryland. We proudly protect 1,000 people living in an area of 6 square miles. We operate out of 1 station located on Snow Hill Road in Girdletree, Worcester County, Maryland. We protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status. The Girdletree Volunteer Fire Company went into service June 5, 1953. Celebrating it's 50th Anniversary on June 21-22, 2003. The Company is all volunteer with 35 firefighters, 5 associate EMS members, a cadet program, and a ladies auxiliary. We have 3 charter members still active."



The website lists this as "Engine 303", but without a year. It's a 1968 Ford 750 (I believe, but none of my shots show the exact badging). This truck is one of my favorites out of the many departments and vehicles I've seen.










The next vehicle is listed on the website as "Special Ops 3 / Fire Police Unit". I had scribbled down that it's a 1997 Dodge but I could be mistaken.




This truck is listed only as "Brush 3". It's a Ford F350 but I'm uncertain of the year.



International "Tanker 3"






This truck is listed as a 2000 Pierce - Engine/Tanker 301








Additional Sites & Links:




"Images from a different perspective" ~ the Delmarva Peninsula, fire and rescue vehicles, old automobiles, muscle cars, and art on wheels.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment